In the spring of 2022, the American Enterprise Institute will offer up to twelve intern candidates a $1,000 monthly living stipend as part of a scholarship program.*
Candidates will be assessed based on the following criteria:
1. Ability to contribute as a member of one of AEI’s research, business, or communications teams;
2. Financial need, such that an unpaid internship would not be possible without assistance; and
3. Desire to, in accordance with AEI’s mission, defend human dignity, expand human potential, and build a freer and safer world through a career in public policy.
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must apply for at least one AEI internship position and the scholarship itself. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until Monday, December 20, 2021.
Within the application, candidates should answer each of the following questions in 300-400 words. Please note that question 6 is optional.
1. Which AEI internship is your top choice? Why do you believe you are qualified?
2. What do you believe to be the most pressing policy problem the US faces today? What solution(s) would you propose?
3. Where do you see yourself in your future career? How will an AEI internship help you get there?
4. Why have you chosen to apply for this supplemental scholarship?
5. Are you currently receiving federal financial aid and/or need-based aid from your university? Feel free to describe using as much detail as you are comfortable.
6. If you feel that the resume and transcripts you submitted for the internship program do not accurately reflect your qualifications, feel free to explain any extenuating circumstances.
*Please note that the $1,000 monthly scholarship is classified as taxable income.