The American Enterprise Institute’s information technology (IT) department manages AEI’s website, IT infrastructure, and network operations. The IT intern will work closely with AEI’s web development team on a variety of website projects, write technical documentation, and assist with the upcoming website redesign.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated, passionate about website development, and interested in learning new technologies and skills.
• Prior experience with WordPress
• Familiarity with responsive design
• Experience with QA and testing
• Familiarity with GitHub
• Technical writing experience
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator preferred
• Programming experience in PHP preferred
• Bonus: Knowing how to write regular expressions
Please submit a resume, cover letter, college transcript, and (optional) writing sample when applying for this position.
About AEI Internships
AEI internships offer a unique opportunity for undergraduates, graduate students, and recent graduates to gain experience in research, writing, business, and communications at one of the nation’s leading think tanks. Competitive candidates for these internships will generally possess a 3.4 GPA from a top ranking college or university. AEI internships last a minimum of 10 weeks and interns are required to work 20-40 hours per week. AEI internships are unpaid; however, interns receive complimentary breakfast and lunch each day and a monthly transportation stipend to assist with commuting costs.